libinput / weston-terminal : missing the caret char in the terminal (^)

Christian Hartmann cornogle at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 29 04:15:48 PDT 2015

Hi list,
hi Peter and Bill,

I actually did not have the possibility to enter the caret
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caret) char within the weston-terminal.
Does anybody have an idea why or what is missing?? Or does anybody
else have this issue ?? ( I have not looked into bugzilla but no entry
found)

I think many people need this char for example to search strings from
a beginning of a line etc.

I am using almost git versions for the weston build(s) running under
CentOS Linux release 7.1.1503 (Core) since more than a half year now,
compiling from time to time new, but this char was missing from my
first experiments until now,
as I am writing to you here.

If its a bug/missing code, who can help or if I would try it myself,
where to start looking ?

Cheers
Chris