After exiting weston all consoles not working anymore

Thilo Cestonaro thilo at cestona.ro
Wed Mar 18 06:42:39 PDT 2015

> Is anything actually switching to vt7? I'm not sure what weston-launch
> does there, usually it takes the current VT and you don't seem to be
> telling openvt to switch.

Nothing is switching to tty7 as I'm connected via UART so different
output.
Anyway weston starts properly on tty7 and is displayed correctly on the
display.

> Do you mean that the device stops responding in the network when you
> say you can't open an ssh session? Like a kernel hang or panic?
No, ssh can connect (I get the content of /etc/issue.net) but after that
it hangs and will not ask for the password.
Or if I had an ssh connection already opend, and want to "ps aux" if
weston still running. I call "ps aux" and it will never show anything or
stop. It just hangs in there.

> Are you unable to switch vts after exiting weston?
Ctrl+Alt+F1? Never tried, but I guess if I can, I would be able to
login, cause a login via UART (which is the same as locally) hangs too.

> weston-launch is the proper way, as a normal user. If you use
> weston-launch with --tty, I think you usually also want --user other
> than root. IIRC these two options usually go together.

I tried weston-launch without --tty too.

Cheers,
Thilo