Undefined function 'wl_egl_window_resize'

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 06:52:15 PDT 2015

On Thu, 8 Oct 2015 13:37:40 +0200
Joaquim Duran <jduran.gm at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> When running the weston, the message is shown:

> [13:27:56.132] Failed to load module:
> /usr/lib/weston/wayland-backend.so: undefined symbol:
> wl_egl_window_destroy

Hi,

Prabhu is right, that API is implemented by the same thing that
implements EGL, even if it's in a different library. It is intimately
tied to the EGL implementation.

Just curious, what Wayland display server are you going to run Weston
with the wayland-backend on?

Looks like we don't have the #ifdefs to allow building the
wayland-backend without a Wayland-supporting EGL implementation, even
though wayland-backend does support also the Pixman renderer. How did
you get past the requirement of wayland-egl.pc in ./configure?

I'm guessing you don't actually want the Wayland backend, but you want
one of the non-nested backends, e.g. DRM or fbdev, so that you don't
need *another* display server to run Weston on.

Of the backends, only the wayland-backend uses the wayland-egl API, so
choosing another backend fixes also that.