Error when using weston wl_surface_attach

madana gopal madanagopal123 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 02:24:47 PDT 2015

Hi Team,

I am working on wayland application. Basically, qt has separate qt wayland
environment , due to which i am able to see qt window.

In the same process, one more display conneciton is established using
wl_display_connect call from ozone wayland. This is being used to output
the webpage rendered output on the screen. But it giving the below error:

[15:37:21.716] libwayland: unknown object (19), message attach(?oii)
wl_display at 1: error 1: invalid arguments for wl_surface at 3.attach
[0904/153721:ERROR:display_poll_thread.cc(96)] wl_display_dispatch failed
with an error.22

What i see is the buffer objects registered with the qt wayland connection
is being mapped to ozone wayland connection, due to which i am seeing the
error. I am able to see the mapping from weston code in call wl_map_insert.

But i am unable to find how this clash happened. Could anybody help me on
this.

Regards,
Madan