Patchwork upgrade?

Damien Lespiau damien.lespiau at intel.com
Tue Sep 22 10:27:49 PDT 2015

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 11:01:43AM -0700, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 11:19:18AM +0100, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > Hey Bryce,
> >
> > On 17 July 2015 at 21:19, Bryce Harrington <bryce at osg.samsung.com> wrote:
> > > Could I bother you to request we update patchwork on fdo?
> > > The latest version now displays counts of Acked/Reviewed/Tested which
> > > would be quite handy in picking out patches to land as we start heading
> > > towards the next alpha.
> > >
> > > http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/patchwork/list/
> >
> > You could, but Damien is probably a better target since he's
> > graciously volunteered to maintain Patchwork. ;)
>
> Damien, would you have time to update Patchwork in the next week or two?

FWIW, I'll ty to do the patchwork maintenance with an up to date
patchwork this week-end to limit the number of emails lost.

> Also, it would be awesome to have Cairo included in patchwork, for
> patches going back maybe 2-3 years.

Ok, so added cairo to patchwork and asked Carl to subscribe the
patchwork email address to the cairo mailing-list (because I don't have
a way to answer the confirmation email sent to the patchwork address).

It should work, if I haven't fumbled the List-Id header of the cairo ml
(cairo.cairographics.org)

You probably want to be a maintainer of cairo in patchwork to change
patch status, ... If you have a patchwork account I can add you.

The other thing is more difficult. I don't have any archive of the cairo
ml I can feed to patchwork (the mangled emails from the mailman archive
aren't good). Patchwork also doesn't have an easy way to go and mark all
merged patches as merged. All feasible but requires time I don't really
have.

FWIW, instead of keeping track of patchwork-related maintenance work by
email, one can use the (newly created) patchwork component in the fdo
admin part of the bugzilla:

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=freedesktop.org

--
Damien