[ANNOUNCE] libinput 1.1.6

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Fri Feb 5 06:22:42 UTC 2016

libinput 1.1.6 is now available.

This release has a couple of noticable changes over the last one.

The calculation of finger motion for multifinger gestures (including
two-finger scrolling) was buggy. A slow two-finger motion could double the
effective speed under some circumstances, causing scroll jumps. This has
been fixed now.

The touchpad motion hysteresis is now deactivated by default. This may
negatively affect some (especially older) touchpads, and we'll have to
re-enable the hysteresis on those. If you notice pointer wobbles when
hold the finger still please file a bug so we can address this. Everyone
else should see a smoother motion especially on small and tiny motions
making single-pixel elements much easier to target.

Disable-while-typing now works when a key is held down. And the pairing
algorithm has been improved to avoid cases where the touchpad was paired
with an external USB keyboard, despite there being a internal keyboard.

Last: the mode button on the Cyborg RAT 5 is now disabled. This button is
special, on each press it cycles through 3 'modes', sending a release
event for the current button and a down event for the next event code. This
causes stuck buttons, since we have nothing in userspace that would handle
that button as intended, disabling it is the current solution.

Peter Hutterer (10):
      test: fix compiler warning
      test: run pinch gesture tests for 2-slot touchpads
      test: exclude semi-mt devices from the normal 2fg scroll test
      gestures: average motion by active touches, not moved touches
      evdev: disable the mode button on the Cyborg RAT 5
      test: fix leaking libevdev fd
      touchpad: drop motion hysteresis by default
      touchpad: while a key is held down, don't disable dwt
      touchpad: if we have a serio keyboard, override any previous dwt pairing
      configure.ac: libinput 1.1.6

git tag: 1.1.6

http://www.freedesktop.org/software/libinput/libinput-1.1.6.tar.xz
MD5:  7ae03d6c4176537cb588b8d2a23cb297  libinput-1.1.6.tar.xz
SHA1: edec84db6d67618d882df22ef54ca5113c3243a8  libinput-1.1.6.tar.xz
SHA256: f26f5e02c4942775cfa5f143562cf4ed9fc3be8bc2c3c461acc8de1b114a1c63  libinput-1.1.6.tar.xz
PGP:  http://www.freedesktop.org/software/libinput/libinput-1.1.6.tar.xz.sig