libinput: Disable tap-and-drag

Caibin Chen tigersoldi at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 20:02:29 PST 2016

Hi,

I've been working on disabling tap-and-drag feature in libinput because I'm
not used to it. The code is on my Github branch:
https://github.com/tigersoldier/libinput/tree/wip/disable-tap-to-drag

The basic idea is adding a branch at STATE_TOUCHED + EVENT_RELEASE
transition:

   STATE_TOUCHED

   EVENT_RELEASE

tap-and-drag enabled?  --- yes ---> (unchanged)

         no

    button press
    button release

    STATE_IDLE

Aside from disabling the feature, this reduces the tapping latency as well,
because we don't have to wait for the timeout for STATE_IDLE to
STATE_DRAGGING_OR_DOUBLE_TAP/STATE_IDLE transition.

What do you guys think? If this makes sense, I can work on the
documentation and tests and send patches to the list.

Thanks,
-Caibin Chen