[ANNOUNCE] libinput 1.5.0

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Wed Sep 14 06:18:21 UTC 2016

libinput 1.5.0 is now available. Only a few minor changes over the rc and
only one which is noteworthy: libinput has built-in palm detection when the
trackpoint is in use. The Lenovo *60 series (and possibly others) randomly
send a single trackpoint event which used to trigger this palm detection and
disable the touchpad for 300ms. To the user, this looked like a stuttering
touchpad. This is fixed now.

As for the rest, it's the same as in the RC so I'll just copy the previous
announcement in here:

A large part of this release cycle was internal cleanups and improvements to
the test suite, only few new features were added.

For touchpads, we now have a new configuration option to allow a 1/2/3
finger tap be mapped to left, middle and right, respectively. The
default remains at left/right/middle. For more details, see the
documentation for
	libinput_device_config_tap_set_button_map()

In the disable-while-typing code we now ignore modifier combinations like
ctrl+s to avoid unnecessary timeouts and delays.

Other touchpad-related fixes include more responsive two-finger scrolling
and better touch point transition handling (i.e. less pointer jumps after
tapping and two-finger scrolling).

For tablets we now have automatic touch arbitration in userspace, i.e. we
disable the touch input whenever a pen is in proximity to avoid erroneous
pointer moves. Touch arbitration is currently handled by the kernel but is
being phased out over the next couple of kernel releases. In the future this
may allow for smart touch arbitration based on input areas, for now we
simply copy the kernel's behavior and turn touch events off.

The rest are assorted fixes and the aforementioned internal cleanups.

As usual, the git shortlog is below

Peter Hutterer (5):
      tools: prefix debug output with '-' on device changes
      test: rename SYNAPTICS_CLICKPAD to SYNAPTICS_CLICKPAD_X220
      touchpad: require at least 3 events before enabling trackpoint palm detection
      udev: fix hwdb match for the HP Stream 11
      configure.ac: libinput 1.5.0

git tag: 1.5.0

http://www.freedesktop.org/software/libinput/libinput-1.5.0.tar.xz
MD5:  26030dae25f1ac584b0e428c90473339  libinput-1.5.0.tar.xz
SHA1: 89a07989d1f6907b13e2ecc768e30715bdba1721  libinput-1.5.0.tar.xz
SHA256: 5a96559385ecfaa30f9e72ea89eb8ebbc97caf68e458f451f4ed62315311081c  libinput-1.5.0.tar.xz
PGP:  http://www.freedesktop.org/software/libinput/libinput-1.5.0.tar.xz.sig