weston-simple-egl fullscreen broken?

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 14:46:48 UTC 2017

On Mon, 6 Feb 2017 16:56:03 +0000
Fabien DESSENNE <fabien.dessenne at st.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I remember I used to get < weston-simple-egl -f > working fine.
> But it does not work anymore : nothing is displayed. From the logs I
> can see (among others) zxdg_toplevel_v6.configure and
> wl_surface.commit Testing with another client works fine:
> weston-terminal -f -> OK There may be something wrong with my
> environment since I am testing with the Daniel's atomic version
> (forked from weston-1.12.0+), but I guess this is broken also with
> the official version. If anyone can make a quick test and let me know.

Hi,

I just had a go with simple-egl -f, and it works fine on Weston master
of today. I'm using Intel Haswell. It hits the direct scanout path, too.

I also just installed Mesa master of today.

The only funny thing I noticed is that when I was running with the
GL-renderer green debug tint enabled, after simple-egl -f quit even and
odd flipped frames had different debug tint painted, so it flickered
wildly. I suppose that could be a problem with just the debug tint
itself.

I'm on a dual-head system, FWIW.