No subject

scott.anderson at collabora.com scott.anderson at collabora.com
Mon Dec 3 06:14:49 UTC 2018

Hi,

I've come to realise that it's become a bit of a fool's errand to try
and put all of the information related to content security into a single
protocol and have the interface be general yet sane, so I've instead
redesigned this to be general core which can be extended by other protocols.

This takes heavy inspiration from wl_surface "roles" and copies a lot of
the language of that. So each security interface will now have an
"implementation" which currently could be HDCP, the "I don't care" one,
or whatever one that someone decides to extend this with in the future.

The HDCP protocol is basically copied from [1], but I don't really know
a lot of the details of HDCP and it would currently rely on kernel
interfaces not upstream. This protocol is only really here to show what
it could look like.

I also have a basic proof-of-concept implementation of the first
protocol here [2].

Scott

[1] https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/wayland/weston/blob/5700409c4da6512cfdc6ffc0e644853273b455f3/protocol/content-protection.xml
[2] https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/ascent/weston/tree/secure-output