Implementing right click and middle click drag

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Thu Jul 12 02:49:28 UTC 2018

On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 01:06:17PM +0530, Sagar Tewari wrote:
> I would like to work on implementing right and middle click drag as
> two/three finger tap followed by a single tap drag, the way it works in
> synaptics driver. I found that this topic has been discussed previously:
> https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/wayland-devel/2017-September/034926.html
>
> But this was the single main on that topic in the archives.
>
> To Peter Hutterer, where can I find the patch being discussed in that mail?
> Would it be better to start from scratch since the patch was apparantly
> flawed?

I've forwarded the attachments from that thread to you off-list.

Basically, that patch was incomplete and didn't handle some states and
transitions. It also wasn't documented clearly, in that it didn't explain
what it *intended* to do. For hairy stuff like this, knowing what the
intention was is more important than the code so we know what is a bug and
what isn't.

Note that the state machine is the main source of information here, the
actual tapping code is just a bunch of switch statements based on the
state.

Cheers,
   Peter