is there anyway to get which compositor did the client "wl_display" object connected?

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 07:15:25 UTC 2018

On Thu, 14 Jun 2018 10:30:35 +0800 (CST)
tugouxp <13824125580 at 163.com> wrote:

> hi folks:
>    there are scenario that when more than one compositor (such as nested compositor" ) exists.
>

> how to distinguish which server do the client "wl_display*" object connected?  is there any way to do this?

Hi,

I think you could get the socket fd and fstat() it, but aside that I
don't recall anything. There might not even be a file if the connection
was created with socketpair(). I'm not sure if you can somehow get the
pid of the server process, maybe you can. There is no protocol for
identifying the server, but if this is about an app-internal server,
you could easily write tiny a protocol extension to identify your
internal server from anything else.

What do you want to use it for?