wl_buffer is not released for long time.

Sichem Zhou sichem.zh at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 20:23:40 UTC 2018

Hi all,

Dear wayland devs, I have a question regarding to double `wl_buffer`
management. I don't seem to have wl_buffer released untill some other
events triggered (for example, the  inputs). My current environment is
under `X11-backend` and a libweston based compositor.

My pipeline follows: (frame, attach, damage, commit) -> buffer switch ->
wait until one buffer available -> redraw. The `done` event is handled
differently since it only signals if ready to draw.

Through my experiments, I found out at I wouldn't get either of the
`release` of `frame done` event if I wasn't using the compositor (moving
cursor or typing). In this case I guess there is something wrong with my
pipeline but I couldn't figure out which. I wish to know if there is
obvious mistakes in my pipeline or the problem lies in the compositor.

 Very appreciate any answers.

SZ