did the weston do the YUV to RGB convert internally?

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Tue Sep 4 12:25:11 UTC 2018

Hi,

On Tue, 4 Sep 2018 at 13:15, tugouxp <13824125580 at 163.com> wrote:

> i launch a pipe line with with gstreamer command as below:
> gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=/mnt/UDISK/N_1080P_AVC_60F.avi ! avidemux
> ! h264parse ! omxh264dec ! queue ! waylandsink
> the target sink i use was "waylandsink" ,  which take weston wayland
> server as compositor server.  i grab the pipe line graph like follows
> picture, the waylandsink receive data format with "YV12" format, which can
> be supported
> by my soc display hardware, but when i debug the kernel with display
> register,  i can only found one RGB graphic layer was used, not even a
> single YUV layer was take up. which means there must be someone doing the
> convertion job from "YV12" to "RGB" fomrat, and compositor the video
> picture and GUI into one layer.
>
> but from the below picture, the only module between the YV12
> gstwaylandsink  and the display device is the "weston" server, so is the
> weston is the key to do the convertion job?  can i show the yuv picuture
> directly without convertion?

Weston can do this just fine, but in general you will need Weston 5.0.0
using the DRM backend in order to do so. If this is still not happening, I
recommend looking at the DRM debug information included with
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/wayland/weston/merge_requests/10 (you will
need to rebuild from source) in order to understand why the video is not
being displayed on an overlay.

Cheers,
Daniel