[RFC wayland-protocols v3 1/1] unstable: add color management protocol

Simon Ser contact at emersion.fr
Wed Mar 20 20:51:36 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, March 19, 2019 1:23 PM, Pekka Paalanen <ppaalanen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Removing the initial uncertainty would require quite some more protocol
> and would apply to much more than just color space.

Yeah. There is some overlap between this protocol,
wl_surface.enter/leave and wp_presentation_time. Not sure a new
protocol would bring enough value to be worth it though.

[…]

> "after binding"?
>
> If a client creates a color space object from an ICC profile, there is
> no need to send the ICC file immediately back to the client.
>
> Should sending this event be tied to the request that created this
> object, or should this object have an explicit request to emit this
> event?

Does the client know in advance what the size of the profile will be?

(Maybe this should be an event, and the request to fill a FD a request)