How to get the protocol version of the peer side

Peng Wu peng.e.wu at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 07:31:06 UTC 2021

Hi,

  Currently we are extending the wayland text input v3 protocol to
support preedit_commit_mode event.

  The protocol version is bumped in the following branch.

  I think we need to find the protocol version of the peer side. For
example, in mutter and gnome-shell it needs the protocol version of the
Gtk+ application; in Gtk+ application it needs the protocol version of
mutter and gnome-shell.

  If Gtk+ application use old protocol, mutter will skip to send the
preedit_commit_mode event.

  I check the API, and find wl_resource_get_version. But
wl_resource_get_version seems return the protocol version of the server
side.

  How could I get the protocol version of the Gtk+ application in the
mutter and gnome-shell server side?

Best Regards,
  Peng