Keyboard issues w/Orca screen reader

Mike Gorse mgorse at suse.com
Thu Feb 25 10:48:40 UTC 2021

Hi Carlos,

On Thu, 25 Feb 2021, Carlos Garnacho wrote:

> I may need to be reminded again... are there other commands that are
> contextual to the application? I mainly wonder about whether there's a
> reason to keep applications in the event emission chain. Otherwise,
> seems like part of this could be covered by a "description query"
> protocol.

It defines quite a few commands that are specific to browsers (h will
havigate to the next heading, H will navigate to the previous heading, and
so on). For X11 (the Orca part of this isn't yet merged), I have Orca
notifying AT-SPI when it wants to grab or ungrab one of these keys. The
AT-SPI device API is intended to be platform-agnostic from Orca's
perspective; the X11 back end will call XIGrabKeycode and XIUngrabKeycode
as needed.

-Mike