xrandr and xwayland

Carsten Haitzler raster at rasterman.com
Fri Jul 30 22:30:38 UTC 2021

On Fri, 30 Jul 2021 16:28:02 +0000 David Deyo <ddeyo at tireprofiles.com> said:

No - this is up to the compositor itself to do in its own internal ways. Far
too many abuses have happened over the years with xrandr available to any
client anywhere. While in theory a wayland compositor could create an extension
that works like xrandr, it'd be problematic to make it general-access like
xrandr.

Carsten Haitzler - raster at rasterman.com