Professional services on Wayland / LINUX Display Server

Carsten Haitzler raster at rasterman.com
Fri Jul 30 22:33:03 UTC 2021

On Fri, 30 Jul 2021 16:28:10 +0200 Stephane Tosoni
<stephane.tosoni at interact-software.com> said:

> Hello,
>

> I am in charge of a new LINUX Desktop project, we are trying to find an
> expert (professional service) on Wayland / LINUX Display Server.
>

> We are looking for a Linux expert on graphical environments (Desktop) to
> provide us a technical analyze on what it's possible to implement on LINUX
> Desktop to supervise it, on the graphical side.
>

> Attended is to validate the sustainability of the approach for the next
> releases of the Linux under Desktop.
>
> I’m trying to find a technical analysis to answer these kinds of questions:
>

> How to analyze under "Wayland,”
>
>    - all the windows and the Window in the foreground (and binary ) user
>    process associated with it and running under "Wayland".

You are not meant to know this. the idea with Wayland is to sandbox this away
from clients and only the compositor knows this. It's privileged information.

>    - the duration of user interaction each window from the "Wayland client"

As above. I n X11 you could figure this out - any X client could. Not Wayland.
By design for security and privacy reasons.

Carsten Haitzler - raster at rasterman.com