color management release version

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 12:32:08 UTC 2021

On Mon, 21 Jun 2021 17:07:25 +0800
lanz at codeaurora.org wrote:

> Hi pekka
>
> I see there are a lot of discussions for color management in
> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/wayland/wayland-protocols/-/merge_requests/14
> and a lot of details in
> https://www.collabora.com/news-and-blog/blog/2020/11/19/developing-wayland-color-management-and-high-dynamic-range/,
> may I ask which version of wayland-protocols and weston will merged
> related changes? Thank you!

Hi,

that is impossible to say. Right now my goal is to get as much code
into Weston upstream as possible to facilitate experimenting on the
protocol design and tone-mapping, and then get back to protocol design
which still has many open questions and to-dos.

The wayland-protocols MR cannot land until we have at least three
implementations, and all the details have been sorted out and shown to
work. So that is pretty much the last thing to merge.

I believe it will not be this year.

You can also follow
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/wayland/weston/-/issues/467