surface-suspension wayland protcool development status?

Emmanuel Gil Peyrot linkmauve at linkmauve.fr
Thu Nov 11 22:56:22 UTC 2021

On Thu, Nov 11, 2021 at 10:00:33AM -0500, Neal Gompa wrote:
[…]
> >From a purely downstream perspective, I'd like to have Fedora Linux
> switch to Wayland by default for SDL-based applications (which we are
> able to do relatively quickly and easily since all SDL applications
> now use SDL2 since Fedora Linux 35[3]).

Hi, that’s very nice!

I wrote a similar library[1] for running applications using the GLFW 2
API on top of GLFW 3, and thus natively on Wayland, it’s been tested
with Crypt of the Necrodancer so far but should apply to all other
GLFW 2 applications, if you have any in Fedora.

[1] https://linkmauve.fr/dev/glfw2to3/

--
Emmanuel Gil Peyrot