Retrieving monitor connection information

Andrew Marshall andrew at algodynamic.com
Thu Sep 1 09:23:47 UTC 2022

I have an application that requires the equivalent of the `ConnectorNumber`
and `ConnectorType` properties that are available in the RandR protocol in
X11 (see
https://github.com/freedesktop/xorg-xorgproto/blob/master/randrproto.txt)

For various reasons related to multi-monitor setups and refresh rates I'd
prefer to run this application under Wayland (It's implemented in GTK4 and
I'm seeing significant performance degradation under X versus Wayland)

Is there a way of retrieving these properties under Wayland? I know they
are provided by the NVidia driver. I'm open to providing some sort of patch
to do this myself but unsure where to look.

Thanks,
Andrew.

--
Andrew Marshall