Need support to display application at (0, 0) position on Weston desktop

huy nguyen huykhacnguyen1983 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 14:38:06 UTC 2023

Hi all,

I have a Linux system based on weston wayland. I run MPV player and expect
it displays a video window at (0,0) position on the screen (top left corner
of the display). I already use x11egl backend option to MPV to support a
fixed position to application but the video window of MPV is displayed at
an offset (X offset, Y offset) from (0,0) position as shown by the picture
below:

[image: IMG_6944.jpg]

Can we have a support from weston wayland to position (0,0)  to application
running on Xwayland backend?

Thank you,
Huy