Questions about object ID lifetimes

jleivent jleivent at comcast.net
Tue Sep 26 14:56:03 UTC 2023

On Tue, 26 Sep 2023 11:53:07 +0300
Pekka Paalanen <ppaalanen at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Sep 2023 12:05:30 -0400
> jleivent <jleivent at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > How do I get CI/CD capability turned on?  I tried building the unit
> > tests locally, but get errors that suggest those tests need to be
> > run in CI.  Issue 540 says I need to apply for the guest role - how
> > do I do that?
>
> I don't recall libwayland having anything that needs to be
> specifically run in a CI environment, and if it does, it should
> automatically skip outside of CI environment. Weston does this.
>
> What errors did you get? How did you run them?
>
> 'meson test' is the command.

I get:

$ meson test

ERROR: No such build data file as
'/home/jil/gits/wayland-idfix/meson-private/build.dat'.

I used this to build and install it:

$ meson build/ --prefix=/home/jil/gits/wayland-idfix/install/
$ ninja -C build/ install

Since that didn't create the needed meson-private/build.dat, I thought
that might get put in by the CI somehow.

> I think applying for the guest role means that you can file an issue
> on the upstream project asking for the permission. At minimum, a
> maintainer needs to know your gitlab handle.

I'll do that.