why not flow control in wl_connection_flush?

jleivent jleivent at comcast.net
Wed Feb 21 15:07:58 UTC 2024

I've been looking into some of the issues about allowing the socket's
kernel buffer to run out of space, and was wondering why not simply
remove MSG_DONTWAIT from the sendmsg call in wl_connection_flush?  That
should implement flow control by having the sender thread wait until
the receiver has emptied the socket's buffer sufficiently.

It seems to me that using an unbounded buffer could cause memory
resource problems on whichever end was using that buffer.

Was removing MSG_DONTWAIT from the sendmsg call considered and abandoned
for some reason?