[xcb] Xlib size analysis - RFC

Jamey Sharp xcb@nickle.org
07 Jun 2002 15:16:30 -0700

On Fri, 2002-06-07 at 17:52, Bart Massey wrote:
> My Xlib comes in at 863K text + data according to "size",
> and 891K stripped according to ext2.  Why is yours so much
> smaller?

You're probably looking at the .so; I'm looking only at the .o files.
Though at that, my libX11.so is only 737Kb 'dec' according to size. The
numbers I'm using even include bss, because it was easier to code, but
that only adds 1Kb total so I'm not worried about it.

Perhaps you're using an older version than I am, and JG has been really
busy? Though I've noticed there are quite a few .c files in my Xlib
sources that didn't get turned into .o files when I last built Xlib, so
maybe you're building more of it than I am - though that certainly
wasn't intentional on my part.

-Jamey

--
Jamey Sharp <jamey@sharp.ath.cx> - http://jamey.is.dreaming.org/