[Xcb] authentication code fixes

Jamey Sharp jamey@cs.pdx.edu
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 16:22:56 -0800

--61jdw2sOBCFtR2d/

I could have sworn we fixed this already... XCB was hanging in read()
when authentication failed, and on my box at least it was always failing
unless I used 'xhost +local:'. I've committed a fix so it doesn't hang,
and determined that XDM-AUTHORIZATION-1 seems to be broken. Though
MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 seems to work, so for the moment I've just disabled
the other. Use 'cvs update -APd', as usual, if you want to make sure you
have the latest code.

Anyone want to try fixing XDM-AUTHORIZATION-1? The bug is probably
somewhere at the end of lib/XCB/xcb_conn.m4. You should be able to
reproduce it by uncommenting the XA1 stuff in the authtypes and
authtypelens arrays and recompiling. You may want to look at the xauth
command too.
--=20
Jamey Sharp <jamey@minilop.net> - http://minilop.net/

--61jdw2sOBCFtR2d/