[Xcb] Let's gain some popularity

kha kha@free.fr
Wed, 1 Oct 2003 19:33:32 +0200

   Hi,

I recently reinstalled my PC in order to have a fresh setup to test XCB (let us
say that my test config was definitly out standards)

And here are some of the thing I noticed :
1) There is another XCB existing. There XCB stands for X Cut Buffers. This might
be a problem to people with low technical skills who wil try to get there hands
on XCB through a package manager. Any idea ?

2) I think an INSTALL file in the xcb directory would definitly help. Most
people getting their hands on the source will try ./configure, make, make install.
An INSTALL file giving the good procedure could be usefull.

3) Just to be sure the good procedure is :
xmkmf -a
make
su root
make install
ldconfig

If not please tell me.

4) I have been trying to make hypnomoire and xcbtests run. All windows creations
return "Bad Window" and then here we go for a list of "Bad Drawable" events.
I can't seem to get it to work, so if someone knows what is happening, or has an
idea in what direction I should look I would be gratefull.

Jerome