[Xcb] Debian packages for X from freedesktop...

jamey at minilop.net jamey at minilop.net
Fri Apr 30 09:48:11 EST 2004

On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 04:05:00PM -0600, Vasquez Vivas, Javier E wrote:
> When looking for this, I found a mail you sent, and several replies
> from March regarding the following apt source:
>
> deb http://freedesktop.org/~jamey/debian testing main

Ah, yes. It turns out that I was duplicating someone else's effort. I
should probably remove that source, really: I expect someone else will
provide much better packaging at some point. Unfortunately, I have no
idea what the current state of that effort is.

Meanwhile, you might find the XCB project web site interesting, at
http://freedesktop.org/Software/xcb . XCB can only substitute for Xlib
or similar libraries, not for all of XFree86.
--
Jamey Sharp <jamey at minilop.net> - http://minilop.net/