[Xcb] some fd.o Debian packages; still really need Xlib/XCB testers

Vince loki at internode.on.net
Fri Mar 19 02:50:04 PST 2004

On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 03:29:50AM -0800, Jamey Sharp wrote:

> Currently available are:
>  from /cvs/xlibs: fd.o-xau fd.o-xextensions fd.o-xproto fd.o-xtrans
>  from /cvs/xcb: fd.o-xcb fd.o-xcb-proto

Hmm would it be possible to install headers/libs into subdirectories of
/usr/{include,lib} rather than directly in them?  That way hopefully you
won't have to conflict with xlibs-dev (which I don't really want to
remove).

I'd love to test this out more (I built the code and played with the
demos a bit a couple of weeks ago), but if I'm going to install packages
I'd rather have the files in separate locations, and simply pass
--with-xcb=/foo/bar options to configure.  Is this feasible? :)

  Vince

--
    Vincent Ho
loki /at/ internode.on.net

Every complex problem is a simple hierarchy of simple problems.