[Xcb] Greetings & api change questions

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Sat Nov 6 18:09:07 PST 2004

On Sun, Oct 24, 2004 at 12:34:42PM -0400, Kevin Brosius wrote:
> Hi all,
>   I've been reviewing xcb and wondered how the api changes noted in the
> twiki api docs at http://www.freedesktop.org/Software/XcbApi are
> coming.

I'm sorry my reply is badly delayed.

The API changes aren't completely implemented yet, as you've noticed. A
lot of them are in, though. I believe the warning icons on the TWiki
documentation are up-to-date: anything with a warning icon doesn't match
CVS, but everything else should match.

> I'm looking to use xcb some and wondered if I should be using latest cvs
> or if there was another packaged version that is recommended.  Thanks in
> advance.

XCB is still under development, so any packaged version goes out of date
in fairly short order. I do recommend using the CVS version, and I
apologize in advance for the inconvenience of coding to a moving target.

Thanks for your interest!
--
Jamey Sharp <jamey at minilop.net> - http://minilop.net/