[Xcb] X Test Suite: not my fault, part 14,263

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Fri Apr 1 09:38:07 PST 2005

On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 01:36:52AM -0800, Barton C Massey wrote:
> Is not the right thing to fix these XTS bugs as we find
> them, and submit the patches back to fd.o/x.org?  Most of
> them seem not-too-hard to fix...

I agree that they *seem* not-too-hard to fix, but I've been trying to
figure out how and haven't managed to fix any of them yet. This
particular instance is tricky because the parent process apparently has
to be the one that reads from the event queue of the child, so that it
can record how many tests passed or failed.

As for the XPROTO case, I discovered I could fix them all at once...
except I can't, actually, because they open a connection and then copy
chunks into a shadow Display object and use the shadow copy, and the
shadow copy doesn't support locking.

> BTW, I thought you diagnosed this one long ago?  Or is this
> another instance of the same problem?  Excellent work, in
> any case!

I dunno: maybe I did, but I don't remember it.

By the way, the assertion failure in CH07/grbsrvr looks like a similar
problem, though not quite identical. It forks, but each Display is used
by only one process after the fork. I'm not sure quite what's happening
there.

--Jamey