[Xcb] mesa +xcb = assertion death

Jeremy Kolb jkolb at brandeis.edu
Thu Apr 28 01:25:34 PDT 2005

Jamey Sharp wrote:

> For that matter, is the XTHREADS C pre-processor symbol being defined
> anywhere in Mesa's build headers? I patched the modular Xlib source a
> little while back to declare this in Xlibint.h if needed, and I suppose
> one possibility is that you haven't re-run autoconf and the configure
> script in the X11 directory since then. I can't decide if that would
> explain your bug, but it seems worth trying.
>
> --Jamey

Thanks for the tip! That was the problem... turns out it was compiling
against the wrong xlibs (stupid rookie mistake).  I fixed it to get
normal mesa running on top of it with no assertion errors.  However due
to Mesa's build system I haven't quite gotten the XCB bits working yet.

One problem is that mesa wants pthreads enabled.  This gives us a
conflict in glthreads.h as PTHREADS and XTHREADS macros of the same name
to be generated.  I'm compiling it right now without pthread support, so
hopefully it will work.

Jeremy