[Xcb] mesa +xcb = assertion death

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Fri Apr 29 11:04:47 PDT 2005

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 16:44:30 -0700, Jamey Sharp wrote:
> I've had a fair amount of trouble with debugging symbols not matching in
> object files compiled at different times, generally caused by trouble
> with libtool producing output files named like "libXCB" instead of
> "libXCB.so". I haven't figured out why that happened, but running "make
> maintainer-clean", then deleting all files mentioned in .cvsignore
> files, and finally re-running autogen.sh and recompiling fixed it.
> Aieee. A clean checkout would, of course, have similar effects, but
> naturally I had uncommitted changes at the time.

I've been through that exact same pain before.

I never fully deciphered what the problem was, but I was able to get
it to stop misbehaving when I deleted a copy of libtool from
/usr/local/bin. Presumably that was an old version that had been
working fine until some other piece outside of /usr/local got updated
and decided not to get along with the old libtool.

-Carl