[Xcb] PATCH: XCBGenerateID segfaults if called with NULL

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Wed Aug 3 16:10:13 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-02 at 21:24 -0700, Josh Triplett wrote:
> Barton C Massey wrote:
> > At any rate, (and repeat after me) hard tabs (ASCII 9) are 8
> > spaces.  Otherwise the code is unreadable with, e.g.,
> > pagers.  So whatever you do don't set your editor to do
> > something else with hard tabs.  Please.
>
> Agreed entirely.  If you're going to use tabs at all, they need to be 8
> spaces.  ...

Lest there be lingering confusion, I don't believe anyone has proposed
using hard tabs of other than 8 spaces. Travis was pointing out that
there was inconsistent indentation in one source file, and I assume he
was just trying to find an interpretation of the tabs that would make
the indentation right.

So this is all preaching to the converted. I'm entertained by the
lengths emacs users have to go to for this stuff though. VIM's
':se sw=4 et' is no less cryptic (the expanded forms, "shiftwidth" and
"expandtabs", aren't too bad at least), but a lot easier to type when
needed. ;-)

--Jamey