[Xcb] a question about request and reply

Vincent Torri Vincent.Torri at iecn.u-nancy.fr
Tue Dec 13 10:16:45 PST 2005

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005, Barton C Massey wrote:

> Yes, the reply is currently queued until you force the
> cookie, so you'll leak memory.  Nothing worse. :-)

ok, that's interesting to know that. That should go into the tutorial too.
Maybe we should add a TODO file so that we get a way to not forget what we
have to do :)

> It seems to me pretty straightforward to add
> XCBDiscardCookie(GenericCookie) to the interface.

there is a GenericCookie ? I've only see VoidCookie and all the others
corresponding to the requests. I think that such a structure should be
added.

> Non-blocking, and if called before the reply is delivered
> simply sets a bit saying the reply should be discarded when
> it arrives.  Is this something we need/want?

maybe for the reply code ?

Vincent