[Xcb] Documentation

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Mon Dec 19 12:30:30 PST 2005

On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 08:46:34AM +0200, Vincent Torri wrote:
> Hello,

Hi Vincent!

> I have committed the documentation for XCBImage. Could you please test if
> it works well for you ?

gendoc runs and generates stuff in doc/, yes. :-) I keep hearing how
much some people hate Doxygen, so I suppose it doesn't "work well" for
them... I don't know what to do about that though.

> What to be done:
> * complete the introduction for xcb-util (in the file xcb_util_intro.in)
> * do the other documentations in xcb_utils. I'm not the one who have the
> best knowledge to do it. I've written xcb_image, so it was easier for me.
> * correct the xcb_image documentation.
>
> One remark: I have not documented the fields of XCBImage and SegmentInfo.
> Do you think that it is necessary, or should we let them opaque ?

Well, the caller has to set fields of SegmentInfo, right? So it can't be
opaque and should be documented.

As for XCBImage, don't callers need to use some of its fields under some
common usage scenarios? Maybe the structure should be opaque but in that
case it probably needs some accessor and mutator functions. That would
likely lead to a better API.

--Jamey