[Xcb] <op> is busted

Josh Triplett josh.trip at verizon.net
Tue Feb 8 11:38:48 PST 2005

Jeremy A. Kolb wrote:
> <op> doesn't work with two <fieldref> values.  I have:

[...]
> 	<struct name="RefreshRates">
> 		<field type="CARD16" name="nRates" />
> 		<list type="CARD16"
> name="rates"><field_ref>nRates</field_ref></list>
> 	</struct>

This is the problematic expression, not the one with two <fieldref>s in
an <op>.  That should be fieldref, not field_ref.  That's why the code
didn't compile: there wasn't an expression output template for
field_ref, so it just output the text instead.  This isn't an XML-XCB bug.

However, I'll change the expression parser so it generates an error for
invalid elements; that should help track down such problems more easily
in the future.

- Josh Triplett