[Xcb] Xevent and XCBEvent

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Wed Jun 1 00:19:31 PDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-01 at 09:02 +0200, Vincent Torri wrote:
> > XCBClientMessageEvent cme;
> > cme.format = 32;
> > cme.data.data32[0] = ...
>
> 2 questions :
>
> 1) if i only use the first element of the array data, i must set it to 0
> before, right ?

I think that depends on what the recipient expects. As I recall, ICCCM
recommends zeroing all data members of the ClientMessage that you don't
understand, for forward-compatibility with later specs (like NetWM).
It's probably a good idea, anyway, and yet things would probably work
most of the time if you forget to do it.

> 2) what about the response_type and sequence member ? are they usufull
> when i use XCBSendEvent ?

You'd have to check the SendEvent documentation. I believe you need to
set response_type, but sequence will be overwritten by the server, so it
can be garbage.

--Jamey