[Xcb] XCBImage

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Sun Mar 6 14:51:54 PST 2005

On Sun, Mar 06, 2005 at 05:00:05PM -0500, Jeremy Kolb wrote:
> >(Josh, one of the things Xamine is supposed to do eventually is give us
> >a convenient protocol pretty-printer, right? Do you think it'll be
> >reasonably well-suited to being a "default" error handler for XCB-based
> >apps? Figuring out what X error just killed an XCB app is currently a
> >bit of a pain.)
>
> That would be really awesome.

I agree. :-)

> >I have some ideas for simplifying the Xlib-derived code, which should
> >make it run faster, use less memory, and be easier to validate. I won't
> >get into those just yet, though; we'd better make sure the current stuff
> >works first, I think.
>
> By "Xlib-derived code" do you mean xcl?

Sadly, no, I don't have any good ideas for making that much simpler.
Vincent built the XCBImage bits by fairly directly porting some Xlib
internals to use XCB. The Xlib internals in question, unfortunately, are
pretty ugly, though at a quick glance it looks like Vincent may have
cleaned them up some.

--Jamey