[Xcb] XCBImage

Vincent Torri Vincent.Torri at iecn.u-nancy.fr
Tue Mar 15 12:34:23 PST 2005

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005, Jamey Sharp wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 08:16:00PM +0100, Vincent Torri wrote:
> > I fear that XCBImagePutPixel is broken in ZPixmap format (i've not tested
> > for XYPixmap format)
> >
> > i don't know where, but i'm almost sure it doesn't work. I'm searching the
> > bug, but if someone find it (them ?) before me, that would be great
>
> How doesn't it work? The only test I can run right now is still
> test_xcb_image_shm, which seems to have quite happily put a pixel in the
> middle of the image. (I can't promise it's the right color: my LCD
> controller is busted and all my colors are wacky.)

well, in the test prog, i display in the terminal a 4x4 image. It seems
that getpixel works.
Then, in the test, i put the pixels in the image and just after i read
them with getpixel (which should work). And i get nothing good. (white
image)

that's why i think there's a problem in putpixel.

But if the shm test works, i don't understand...

> I just inspected the PutPixel code I wrote, and it still matches my
> expectation of how ZPixmaps work... but that doesn't really mean
> anything. :-)

i've also looked at it. It seems the reverse of getpixel (which seems to
work). So, i don't understand...

Vincent