[Xcb] icccm

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Sun Mar 20 00:48:03 PST 2005

On Sun, Mar 20, 2005 at 12:57:26AM +0100, Vincent Torri wrote:
> Well, i've ported evas to xcb today and i have problems with the current
> icccm code:
> 1) i can't use SizeHintsFlags values, whereas i have to use them.

I don't understand. Why do you have to use them?

> 2) gcc reports an error when i try to use the SizeHints structure, because
> it's not of determined size.

Yeah, you're only supposed to carry around pointers to those structures
in that API -- you can't stack-allocate them. Possibly that's as good a
reason to change the API as any, but the structure contents just seem so
error-prone to me...

> Ho, and have you seen my last post for XCBImage ?

Oh. Yes, and I thought I replied to it, but my mail program tells me I
didn't. :-)

--Jamey