[Xcb] XCBImage

Josh Triplett josh.trip at verizon.net
Tue Mar 22 00:43:16 PST 2005

Vincent Torri wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Mar 2005, Josh Triplett wrote:
>>Vincent Torri wrote:
>>>well, the problem is that i can't commit. Jeremy and I haven't the
>>>password...
>>>I've already ask that to the maintainer, but no answer
>>
>>Freedesktop.org doesn't use passwords; you have to submit an SSH public
>>key, and log in via SSH key-based authentication.
>
> sorry, but when i do :
>
> cvs -z3 -d:ext:***@cvs.freedesktop.org:/cvs/xcb co xcb
>
> it asks me a password

There are three possibilities here that I can think of.  If you are not
running Debian (where rsh is an alternative that points to ssh), then
"export CVS_RSH=ssh"; that may solve the problem.  (CVS needs a remote
shell program, and defaults to rsh, but it needs to be using ssh.)
Alternatively, you may be getting a prompt for your SSH passphrase, if
your key has one.  Finally, it may be that your key hasn't been
associated with your account yet, in which case you won't be able to log
in until the admins do that.

- Josh Triplett