[Xcb] A plea for self-sufficient headers

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Tue May 31 15:21:16 PDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-17 at 23:14 -0400, Jeremy Kolb wrote:
> I was also thinking if there was a way they could be grouped better like
> by request/reply or maybe the iter functions grouped together.... not
> sure though, that might not work.

I'm not sure I understand what you want: request functions are already
grouped together with reply functions, and related iterator functions
appear together. Perhaps you meant keeping related types and functions
close together?

Hey Josh, does it make it easier in the XSLT to keep all the types
together, separate from the functions, etc.? If not, we should throw on
the to-do list a change to put things in some more useful order. I set
the order we have now once upon a time simply because I was having
trouble getting things declared before use, as I recall: not any
particularly good reason.

It does bug me to search for a particular request in xproto.h and find
some structures I can't use before finding the function I actually
wanted.

--Jamey