[Xcb] XCB wiki moving to ikiwiki
jamey at minilop.net
Fri Dec 8 01:45:06 PST 2006
I'm a Moin, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
Just a heads-up: we plan to move the XCB wiki from Moin to ikiwiki
<http://ikiwiki.kitenet.net/> in the near future. We've built various
tools to do this migration while preserving full history and accurately
translating Moin markup to the Markdown syntax
<http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/> that ikiwiki uses.
We believe that ikiwiki gives us several major advantages, including:
- A real revision control system holding the data; specifically, a Git
repository. Edits can happen either via an ikiwiki CGI script or by
pushing commits to the repository. And unlike Moin, Git never throws
- Easy creation of nice newsfeeds, and optionally blogs.
- A much simpler wiki syntax based on standard e-mail conventions. For
example, this email is a valid Markdown document.
- A large and growing set of available plugins, and a decent base for
writing more. <http://ikiwiki.kitenet.net/plugins.html>
- Completely static pages on the web server. ikiwiki serves as a wiki
compiler, transforming the wiki repository into a tree of static
content. Apart from the page-editing CGI, no specialized code needs
to run on the server.
-- Jamey and Josh
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
Url : http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xcb/attachments/20061208/21fc01fe/attachment.pgp
More information about the Xcb