[Xcb] build gdk on cairo-xcb

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Sat Feb 18 18:57:46 PST 2006

On Sat, Jan 14, 2006 at 10:47:35AM +0800, Jianjun Yang - 杨建军 wrote:
> hi, everybody

Hi!

Sorry we lost your mail for a month -- we weren't trying to ignore you.

>    i want to build gtk+ with xcb instead of xlib , here are my steps:
>    step 1:   build cairo-1.0.2 , i use "--enable-xcb --disable-xlib" as the configure option.
>    step 2:  build pango-1.10.0 , then i get libpangocairo,etc.
>    step 3:  build gtk+-2.8.9 , but i met the following error:
>
> In file included from gdkdrawable-x11.c:32:
> /Helium/host/include/cairo/cairo-xlib.h:76:3: #error Cairo was not compiled with support for the xlib backend.
>
>    i found that gdkdrawable-x11.c include cairo-xlib.h only. i think there should be conditional compile, just include cairo-xlib.h or cairo-xcb.h .
>    is there gdkdrawable-x11.c that use cairo-xcb yet ?

No, not yet. There's a partial port of Gdk to XCB, using Xlib/XCB, but I
think that predates the work of porting Gdk to Cairo. (I don't know what
happened to that patch, either.)

We'd love to see Gdk start using XCB, though. With Xlib/XCB moving to
X.org soon (today?) we're getting closer...

--Jamey