[Xcb] Apologies for the abrupt switch to GIT

Barton C Massey bart at cs.pdx.edu
Sat Feb 18 19:42:06 PST 2006

We're feeling badly right about now as we realize we really
didn't discuss the GIT switchover for XCB with anyone
here. :-(

With much of freedesktop.org, including modular Xlib,
switching to GIT this week, we got excited this evening and
jumped ahead on the XCB changeover without giving folks a
chance to object.  Folks on the list have talked about
switching to a different SCMS at various times in the past
in fairly enthusiastic terms, but of course that doesn't
excuse our hasty switch.

So far those of us in Portland are pretty happy with GIT
here in the hack session that's going on this evening.
Hopefully, the rest of the XCB developers will enjoy it as
much as we do.  If there are strong objections, though, it
*is* a two-way street---we can always switch back.  Give it
a try and let us know what you think.

Again, please accept our apologies.  So many of us have
historically been here in Portland that we occasionally
screw up in this way, but we're learning, and we will do
better next time.

    Bart Massey
    Jamey Sharp
    Josh Triplett