[Xcb] hidden-visibility and library size

Vincent Torri Vincent.Torri at iecn.u-nancy.fr
Tue Jan 3 12:45:21 PST 2006

So, what is decided ?

1) using -fvisibility=hidden during compilation and putting a "default"
attribute in front of all the exported functions

or

2) putting a "hidden" attribute in front of the non-exported functions ?

the solution 1) is not so hard, as most of the job would be made by
xsltproc.

in both cases, it's not a big deal (I've already made the m4 function,
which must be modified a bit according to what is chosen, and adding some
attributes), but a decision should be taken, imho.

Vincent