[Xcb] open Connection

Florent Monnier fmonnier at linux-nantes.fr.eu.org
Sun Jun 4 09:37:48 PDT 2006

Hi,
First thanks for having explain me where to find the doc about the specs of
the X protocol. I've started to read it, and trying to understand it so to
begin I'm now trying to open the connection with the server.

Here is the piece of doc describing this part that I follow:
http://www.linux-nantes.org/~fmonnier/OCaml/Xlib/init-X/protocol.html

- first I put the CARD16  11, then 6
- then I put two strings containing one char 0
=> then I'm trying to listen the answer, but the function which gets input
never returns.

I have tryed to read at the code of the XopenDisplay from the Xlib, and its
equivalent in the XCB, but I quite don't understand everything since as you
know I'm not a C programmer.
Well I don't know, maybe someone here could see the beginner error I'm making?

And you have told me that some of you were ML users in the past, so for those
here is my first attempt to open the connection:
http://www.linux-nantes.org/~fmonnier/OCaml/Xlib/init-X

Thanks in advance
Florent