[Xcb] libX11 release

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Tue Jun 6 13:06:10 PDT 2006

On Tue, Jun 06, 2006 at 08:40:34AM -0700, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
> Jamey Sharp wrote:
> > You should be taking the libX11 "stable" branch. If that doesn't have
> > the fixes you need, they should be cherry-picked from master. I guess
> > this is technically Keithp's job if he's libX11 maintainer?

(I've done this in a local copy of the libX11 repo. More on the xorg
list at some point.)

> OK, but I'm curious how you want to get lots of testing with XCB if you
> don't want releases of one of the main packages using it. =)

Yeah, if anyone thinks I have a reputation for making confusing and
contradictory pronouncements about XCB, I've probably earned it. Folks
should feel free to whap me over the head when I do that.

> How would it work for you if we branched off the current libX11 master
> HEAD and turned XCB off by default?

No, really, either use the stable branch or ship with XCB.

> Perhaps the use of deprecated functions could be fixed before a
> release, that would prevent breakage even though it would ship with
> some other known bugs.

Yeah, I should do that anyway. :-)

I said both "Xlib/XCB and the 0.9 release"... :-)

> I suppose it could be enabled for Mesa, but I just ran into a problem
> there. =)

And you need Xlib/XCB for that too, still, as far as I know. :-)

--Jamey